Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Pre-Production



For my Pre-Production I had chosen to record all tests of the colours that came in the pack. This is to see what types of shots I should include and how it will actually look. Of course in the music production there will be brighter lighting but this test was to see how the colours turned out and how the ink what look like.

For the final production during the introduction I will have the colour Orange coming down slowly and then the Sepia colour that appears a dark Brown/Green coming in faster. So it looks like it is pushing the Orang that appears to look like Red out of the way.

I have chosen the colour Orange because in this video it appears Red, my ideal colour being Red is to so the colour of Love and Lust but the idea of the Sepia coming through is because it appears a Brown/Dark Green colour which isn't that appealing but it'll be taking over the Red to show is damage done to the 'Love' of the relationships and how the relationship isn't lovely anymore but becoming bitter. Because of the chosen changes in pace of the two colours of ink it will also show how quickly the destruction of the relationship happened being shown by the change in tempo from the darker ink.


From the test shots I leant how the ink will actually look and how even though I was not able to by the colour Red that Orange still looks Red in the water but I have found that I will use a bigger scale that is clear. I will also film closer to the ink so you can not see the container, this will be a fishtank that is provided. The idea of using a bigger container is to make the ink look like it is falling down the screen instead of being instead a beaker like in the test shot. After looking into the ink and the effect, I had chosen that the Orange, Blue and Yellow will be chosen in the production. This is because of the smooth look it gives and the reasoning behind the choices. Such as the blue being used for the sadness that the artist is feeling about her relationship. The Orange that appears Red to show the happiness that she used to feel in her relationship and love. The Yellow being used to show how toxic that the relationship has turned.



1 comment:

  1. What did you learn from this test? Will you have to anything different when you film for real?

    ReplyDelete